Get Help

Foodbank vouchers

Our foodbank works using a voucher referral system. Find out more about how we work.

We know that anyone can find themselves at crisis point for a number of different reasons.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. 

Our foodbank works with a number of different agencies, such as Citizens Advice, children’s centres and health visitors. To find out more about the agencies that hold our vouchers and how you can get help, please see below.

Who holds the vouchers?

If you live in the Carmarthen area and are experiencing a financial crisis we may be able to help. Through our Foodbank Centres we could provide you and your family with an emergency food parcel which will last between 3 and 5 days. We work with frontline professionals in over 70 partner agencies who can meet you in person to discuss your situation. If they feel you could benefit from a food parcel they will issue you with a food voucher. You can then redeem your voucher within seven days at any of the Foodbank Centres.

Please note: Foodbank vouchers are only issued by our partner agencies. Carmarthen Foodbank is unable to issue vouchers directly to clients or influence the decision of any partner agency. 

Our partner agencies

Although a food parcel will help with the immediate issue of hunger, it does not address the underlying cause of the crisis. You should seek appropriate advice and assistance for your situation i.e. welfare benefit delays/stoppages, debt, fuel poverty, illness, unemployment, relationship breakdown etc. If you already access a support agency or support worker please speak to them about your situation.

When you visit a referral agency they will take some basic details from you to complete the voucher. This will help them to identify the cause of your crisis and offer practical guidance. It also means we are able to prepare suitable emergency food for the right number of people.

Once you have been issued with a voucher, you can exchange this for a minimum of three days of emergency food at your nearest foodbank centre.

If you are a referral agency and would like to become a registered voucher holder for our foodbank, please contact us to find out more.

Our partner agencies include advice centres, social workers, housing associations, probation workers, health workers, and professional support agencies. Below is a list of some of the agencies we work with, although not all are listed due to the sensitive nature of their work. If you would like to apply for a voucher please contact an appropriate agency directly.


Children, Young People & Families

Flying Start  Tel: 01554 742447

Home Start  Tel: 01269 593853

Plant Dewi   Tel: 01267 221551

Youth Support Service – 16-25 years Tel: 07825 388232/07920 577509

Welfare Benefits

Carmarthen JobCentre  Tel: 0800 169 0190


Wales Homes 4 Veterans   Tel: 07813 969834

SSAFA  Tel: 0845 266 8662

Change Step   Tel: 0300 777 2259

Farming Community

RABI (The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution)  Tel: 0808 281 9490

Housing & Homelessness

Carmarthenshire County Council Housing Dept     Tel: 01554 899264

(CCC switchboard – 01267 234567)

Bro Myrddin Housing Association (Tenants only)   Tel: 01267 232714

Tai Wales and West Housing (was Cantref)               Tel: 0800 052 2526


Violence & Domestic Abuse

Carmarthen Domestic Abuse Services    Tel: 01267 234725

Other issues

Age Cymru    Tel: 01554 784080

British Red Cross   Tel: 01554 745480

The Salvation Army   Tel: 01267 230 694 / 01267 242 978

Dyfed Drug & Alcohol Service (DDAS)   Tel: 01554 705710

Probation Service   Tel: 01267 222 299

Wales Community Rehab Company   Tel: 01267 222299

Back to Get Help